Thoughts on Technology

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

A Fat Stack of Bodhi Linux

Posted on 17:18 by Unknown
When I first started preparing Bodhi ISO images almost two and a half years ago I set out with the goal of providing a clutter free operating system powered by the latest Enlightenment desktop. We call what we do "minimalist" meaning it doesn't come with a whole lot by default. This ideology isn't for everyone, though. Thankfully, the power of choice is something that greatly empowers free software development.

Today, I would like to offer a bit more choice for Bodhi users. I would like to share with you all my "friends and family" version of Bodhi Linux. You can grab the ISO image for this fat stack of Bodhi on source forge here. I call it my "friends and family" disc because when I am pressed for time I can't always sit down and install all the extra software "normal" people need to use their PC. This image allows me to skip the installing software step after I install the operating system.

This ISO image is something I've been working on and using as an install media for my non-personal systems for awhile now and I think it is finally in a state that I am happy sharing it. It is simply a Bodhi 2.x branch live/install CD powered by a Linux 3.5 kernel and the latest E17.1 Enlightenment desktop. It comes with a bunch of software pre-installed that should keep most people happy:


This is a 32bit disc image and no I will not be preparing a similar 64bit disc. I intend this disc for home systems, for which I recommend 32bit operating systems. Users installing from this disc can get support on the Bodhi Forums just as if they had installed from the normal disc.

~Jeff Hoogland
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in bodhi | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • HOWTO: Watch Netflix on Bodhi Linux
    Not being able to utilize the Netflix video streaming service has been an issue on the Linux desktop for the past few years. This is due to...
  • Lenovo ThinkVision USB Monitor Review
    I picked up a new toy a couple of weeks ago - a secondary monitor for my multitude of computers. The screen I picked up though a slightly di...
  • HOWTO: Test E18, EFL 1.8.0, and Terminology 0.4.0 on Bodhi Linux
    As of this past weekend the testing builds of the Enlightenment window manager DR18 (E18 for short) are in the Bodhi Linux testing repositor...
  • HOWTO: Use Ubuntu Software Center in Mint 9
    There are a few reasons why I use Linux Mint instead of Ubuntu on my systems. That being said one of the reasons I do not list for using M...
  • HOWTO: Starcraft 2 on Linux with Wine
    Okie dokie - so I've mentioned before that I play Starcraft 2 under my Linux install with no issues. Since the game's official rel...
  • Clarifying details about E17 and Compositing
    I just wanted to take a moment to clarify the state of compositing with the Enlightenment desktop. In two recent reviews of Bodhi Linux ...
  • Bodhi Linux ARM Release Candidate for Genesi
    Edit/Update: You can find the latest release here ->  http://www.bodhilinux.com/downloads_mobile.php Early this year I posted about our ...
  • My Beef with the iPad
    Now I've written a couple of pieces about the iPad thus far and if you read through them you will see that the device has failed to imp...
  • Blackboard - No Linux for Online Education
    In addition to being a Linux Advocate and working 40+ hours a week I am also a full time student. Due to schedule constraints I often take ...
  • Steam Client and Source Games Porting to OSX
    So the devil called me this afternoon and said they where having a snowstorm in hell. In other news Valve announced that their revolutionar...

Categories

  • 3g modem
  • adobe
  • android
  • appeal
  • apple
  • arm
  • art
  • asus tablet
  • benchmark
  • bodhi
  • bordeaux
  • cedega
  • chakra
  • chrome os
  • chromebook
  • cockatrice
  • codeweavers
  • comic
  • cricket wireless
  • crysis
  • cxgames
  • debian
  • dell duo
  • diablo3
  • distro review
  • dtf
  • e18
  • eandora
  • eccess
  • elementary
  • elive
  • enlightenment
  • fedora
  • firefox
  • gaming
  • genesi
  • gnome
  • google
  • google chrome
  • google wave
  • handheld device
  • hardware
  • helios
  • howto
  • html5
  • ideapad
  • interview
  • ipad
  • jolicloud
  • kde
  • l4d2
  • laptops
  • lenovo
  • linux
  • lxde
  • macbook
  • math
  • maxima
  • media
  • meego
  • milestone
  • mint
  • mir
  • mk802
  • moblin
  • n900
  • netflix
  • nexus 7
  • nvidia
  • open pandora
  • open source
  • opengl
  • opera
  • operating systems
  • palm
  • phones
  • promotion
  • python
  • qt
  • rant
  • raspberry pi
  • reviews
  • sabayon
  • software
  • source games
  • spotlight
  • sprint
  • starcraft2
  • steam
  • t-mobile
  • tutorial
  • ubuntu
  • unigine
  • unity
  • wayland
  • web application
  • windows
  • windows 7
  • wine
  • wxmaxima
  • xfce

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (20)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ▼  February (3)
      • A Fat Stack of Bodhi Linux
      • Comparison of Linux Desktops OpenGL Performance
      • Tutorial 2: ELM Images, File Selector and Popups
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2012 (57)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2011 (107)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2010 (122)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2009 (27)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (10)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile